Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Easy E's

EMR EPD ESD

I have wanted to own Emerson Electric forever. I like companies that make durable goods, industrial products. It never presented a great entry point when I had cash in hand, so finally I just bought some and it has returned a very tidy capital gain, along with modest dividend yield, which will compound over time using the DRIP.I doubt I'll be adding new money, as long as the position keeps growing in parallel to my other holdings

Enterprise Product Partners- what a huge performer this MLP has been for me, up over 3-fold in value in a little over 7 years, with a steady 5% dividend the whole time. In spite of the K-1 reporting risk, I think i'll just keep holding this one in the retirement porfolio for the forseeable future.

ESD- another emerging market bond fund; hasn't done as well as the others on price, but pays out a similar steady distribution which I reinvest;  eventually it's going to take off with the power of compounding.


No comments:

Post a Comment