Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stuff in the Roth and the 401k

I started the Roth 401k a while back, then rolled it to an IRA when my corporation joined a bigger company.

The Roth IRA is a hodge-podge of small cap, large cap and in between, the new 401k is  both traditional and Roth, mostly small cap with a dividend chaser

The Roth IRA has AFL, AXPWD, CNSL, CODI, COP, GE, HAS, HTA, KO, LNCO, NNN, PAYX, SO, SZYM, TGH, ZBB

the new 401k has AVA, BGS, KO, HCP, LEG, MAIN, TIS, DOC, QCOM, TCAP, TUP and UMPQ

These all ( except AXPWD, SZYM and ZBB) have the same theme;  pay growing dividends.
 

It won't be too long before the dividends will amount to more than I can contribute yearly. I have 13 years to social security time; should the portfolio behave itself, it could double at least once and a half, possibly twice from here. I'll continue to contribute, so 2x is within reach. If we make it there, we will have achieved a secure retirement on dividends, without the need to spend down principal.
That's the big goal.

The wife has company 403b and a supplemental salary deferral plan. That'll contribute about 10% on top of my pension/profit sharing contribution.

There's little to do at this point with the portfolio. I see only a few adjustments I might make, and they don't amount to much. I can think about rebalancing, but very few of my holdings are over-valued as defined by my F.A.S.T Graphs tool. Those that are are amongst the best companies I own, so I'm not all that inclined to jump off a fast horse to ride a slower one. As long as earnings continue to rise, I don't worry so much about the valuations.




No comments:

Post a Comment