Saturday, October 18, 2014

I stand corrected...

Well, it's here. The dreaded pullback, correction, slump, value reset, whatever.  Is it over? I guess we'll know when it's over and things are a ways past in the other direction.  Interestingly, it doesn't seem so bad, now that it's happening. We're in the midst of earnings season. Most of my companies are reporting solid earnings. My utilities and REITs haven't budged. A few of my stocks have risen; utilities, KO, a few others. I'm not sure this correction has legs...jobs reports are ok, inflation apparently isn't heating up, Fed hasn't started to raise rates. I'm all in, and not anxious to sell anything to raise cash, so I'm sitting on my hands. Every quarter, my positions grow by 1% or so, in addition to new money flowing into the 401k. It's not clear to me that Syria, Ukraine, Ebola or any other event is likely to change the business climate for my large multinational companies or the American economy, so I can't see a reason to run to cash. Sit tight...that's right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment