Tuesday, August 31, 2010

is it working?

Well, I keep thinking about that all the time. Amazingly, even though I suspended premium payments on my life insurance policies, overall market performance has caused the cash values to rise, even after the cost of insurance was subtracted. The "loan amounts" continue to rise, as my "premiums" are paid out of a policy loan, but I'm not required to repay that loan.

Real estate still sucks. That's all I'll say about that, except that I hope the lenders realize that keeping me as a paying borrower makes more sense than becoming a landlord themselves.

The self-directed qualified plan has done quite well, with increases in portfolio valuation, interest and dividends far outstripping the contribution of new deferred income. If the market swoons, I'll be disappointed, but I'm pretty sure all the companies I own are in a good position to continue earning, paying out dividends and growing my positions.

Godspeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment