Friday, April 23, 2010

What to do when valuations are high...

I've been continuing my reading of all my favorite sites and authors, looking for that thesis that will keep me reinvesting. There's lots of news to process; economy starting to show signs of recovery, wall street bankers as sleazy as we all assumed they are, corporate earnings up.

It's harder to find a divident stock that hasn't already rallied by about 50+ % since last March.

Well; there's DRIPing dividends; doing that...

there's reinvesting mini-bond interest; doing that...

there's shifting sights towards dividedend producing equities with lower payout ratios and ore prospect for both dividend growth as well as capital appreciation;
I have opened positions with MCD and others.

So who do I like to read?...several authors on Seeking Alpha, 3-4 dividend-centric newsletters;

I'm looking for good opportunities in all sectors, inside and outside of the S&P 500. The single catch is...pay me now.

with new money into the retirement portfolio, rising dividends, DRIP and some capital appreciation, I'm looking for about 20% per year in growth in that retirement portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment